All International Students are required by law to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) prior to VISA approval. Students are to obtain this cover prior to entry into Australia and are to be covered from the day they arrive until the end of the issued VISA.
As a condition of the student VISA, the Australian Government requires the student to have Overseas Student Health Cover.
- APEIRO INSTITUTE is able to provide OSHC through MEDIBANK and AHM, and will provide the associated fees and charges on the Letter of Offer, or
- b) The student is free to arrange OSHC themselves.
- i. Students will not be able to obtain a valid Student VISA, if they do not have proof of OSHC
APEIRO INSTITUTE Can Arrange OSHC if requested by the student
As part of the Application for Enrolment students are required to indicate whether they require APEIRO INSTITUTE to provide OSHC.
If APEIRO INSTITUTE is to arrange cover, the associated fees will be listed on the Letter of Offer and must be paid at the time of acceptance.
Failure to pay the required fee may affect the Confirmation of Enrolment provided by APEIRO INSTITUTE as well as your Student VISA application.
Please refer to the price schedule. These fees are only payable to APEIRO INSTITUTE for students who choose APEIRO INSTITUTE`s recommended insurance provider.
Students who enrol in a course of duration 10 months or less will need to purchase OSHC for an additional month after the end of the course. For example,
- If you enrol in a 6 months course, you need to purchase 7 months of OSHC.
- Students who enrol in a course of duration 11 months or longer will need to purchase OSHC for 2 additional months after the end of the course.
- For example, if you enrol in a 12 months course, you need to purchase 14 months of OSHC. The information contained in this publication is correct as of 30 January 2018.
Please note that prices change every Calendar year by the OSHC provider. Any variances are payable by the student, on receipt of an invoice from the OSHC provider.