AUR50216 - Diploma of Automotive Technology
CRICOS Course Code: 0101707
AUR50216 - Diploma of Automotive Technology qualification at APEIRO Institute reflects the role of individuals who diagnose, analyse, evaluate, design and modify vehicle systems in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
||26 Weeks inc 2 weeks holidays.
Classes are rostered for 20 hours per week + Self directed study
Perth, Sydney, Melbourne
||Classroom based, face-to-face, Workshop*
| Fees and Intakes
*Perth Workshop Address: 8 Savill Pl, Carlisle WA 6101
*Sydney Workshop Address: 481 - 483 Canterbury Road , Campsie NSW 2194
*Melbourne Workshop is on campus
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Automotive Diagnostic Technician
- Automotive Technician
- Service Technician
Recognition Of Prior Learning(RPL)
An application can be made for RPL if you believe that you have already gained the necessary skills and competencies through work or previous learning. An RPL application form is available upon request and you will be required to provide supporting documents. The application will be processed and an assessment made in accordance with the APEIRO Institute RPL and AQF Recognition Policy and Procedure.
- Must be 18 years or above AND
- Completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent AND
- Completion of an automotive Certificate IV qualification in either Certificate IV in Automotive Mechnical Diagnosis OR Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Hauling, or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency AND
- IELTS Academic Test Score of atleast 5.5 or Equivalent (Not Applicable for Australian Residents)
This course consists of a core unit and 11 Elective units.
- AURAFA007 - Develop document specifications and procedures
- AURAFA006 - Conduct research and present technical reports
- AURETA002 - Analyse and evaluate electrical and electronic faults in monitoring and protection systems
- AURETA003 - Analyse and evaluate electrical and electronic faults in body management systems
- AURETE001 - Analyse and evaluate electrical and electronic faults in engine management systems
- AURLTB004 - Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems (L4)
- AURLTD007 - Analyse and evaluate faults light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- AURLTE003 - Analyse and evaluate faults in light vehicle engine and fuel systems
- AURLTE004 - Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines (L4)
- AURLTQ003 - Analyse and evaluate faults in light vehicle transmission and driveline systems
- MSMENV472 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- MSMENV672 - Develop workplace policy and procedures for environmental sustainability
A range of assessment methods are used during this course to give you an opportunity to demonstrate your skills. We use a range of assessment activities that meet the diverse needs of our students. Some of these include:
- Case studies / Scenarios
- Projects / Presentations
- Oral / Written questioning
- Observation / Demonstration
Successful completion of Diploma of Automotive Technology may give the opportunity to a learner to further their education to Bachelor of Engineering (Automotive Engineering). Candidates wishing to proceed to further their education in an Australian University will be advised to contact the University directly for Enrolment Purposes.