AUR40216 - Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
CRICOS Course Code: 0101706
AUR40216 - Certficate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis qualification at APEIRO Institute reflects the role of individuals who perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
Duration:||26 Weeks inc 2 weeks holidays.
Classes are rostered for 2½ days per week (20 hours per week) + Self directed study
Location:||Level 1 , 10 Victoria Ave Perth
Study Modes:||Classroom based, face-to-face, Workshop
Course fee:||For Domestic Students
For International Students
Intakes:||2020: 13 May, 8 July, 12 Aug, 30 Sept, 4 Nov
Job roles and titles vary across different industry sectors. Possible job titles relevant to this qualification include:
- Automotive Lead or Master Technician
- Automotive Technical Adviser
Recognition Of Prior Learning(RPL)
An application can be made for RPL if you believe that you have already gained the necessary skills and competencies through work or previous learning. An RPL application form is available upon request and you will be required to provide supporting documents. The application will be processed and an assessment made in accordance with the APEIRO Institute RPL and AQF Recognition Policy and Procedure.
- Must be 18 years or above AND
- Completion of Australian Year 12 or equivalent AND
- Completion of an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification, or to be able to demonstrate equivalent competency AND
- IELTS Academic Test Score of atleast 5.5 or Equivalent (Not Applicable for Australian Residents)
This course consists of a core unit and 9 Elective units.
- AURTTA021 - Diagnose complex system faults
- AURETR037 - Diagnose complex system faults in light vehicle safety systems
- AURLTD009 - Diagnose complex system faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems
- AURLTB004 - Diagnose complex system faults in light vehicle braking systems
- AURLTE004 - Diagnose complex system faults in light vehicle petrol engines
- AURLTE005 - Diagnose complex system faults in light vehicle diesel engines
- AURLTX004 - Diagnose complex system faults in light vehicle automatic transmission and driveline systems
- AURTTA025 - Diagnose complex system faults vehicle intergrated stability control systems
- AURTTR001 - Diagnose complex system faults in engine management systems
- AURHTF002 - Diagnose and repair heavy vehicle diesel fuel injection systems
A range of assessment methods are used during this course to give you an opportunity to demonstrate your skills. We use a range of assessment activities that meet the diverse needs of our students. Some of these include:
- Case studies / Scenarios
- Projects / Presentations
- Oral / Written questioning
- Observation / Demonstration
Successful completion of Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis may give the opportunity to a learner to further their education to AUR50116 Diploma of Automotive Management and AUR50216 Diploma of Automotive Technology. Candidates wishing to proceed to further their education in an Australian University will be advised to contact the University directly for Enrolment Purposes.